1 teaspoon canola oil
4 cloves of garlic minced
2 teaspoons of minced canned chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
3/4 cup chopped cilantro
1/2 cup orange juice
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
4 chicken breasts
1 teaspoon yellow mustard
salt and pepper
- Heat 1 teaspoon of canola oil in a 12 inch skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic and chipotle chiles, simmer until fragrant.
- Add 1/2 cup cilantro, orange juice and Worcestershire sauce. Nestle chicken in to pan, and bring sauce to a simmer.
- Reduce to medium-low heat, cover and cook for 12-15 minutes, turn the chicken halfway through.
- Remove the chicken, and return the heat to medium and simmer until reduced to a thick sauce.
- Meanwhile, shred the chicken with a fork.
- When sauce has reduced to about a 1/4 cup, off heat, add remaining 1/4 cup of cilantro, and teaspoon of yellow mustard. Mix well and then stir in the shredded chicken.
From Light & Healthy, 2010, pg. 72.