- 6 ears corn, husks intact
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon cholula brand hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup Cotija cheese, crumbled for garnish
- 2 teaspoons cilantro, chopped, for garnish
- pure ground red chili pepper, for garnish
- crispy tortilla chips, for scooping
- Over a medium-high grill, roast the corn until the husks are well charred, about 5 minutes. Turn occasionally so as not to burn the side contacting the direct heat.
- Set the roasted ears aside until cool enough to handle, then shuck them.
- Cut the kernels off the cob.
- When ready to eat, mix the mayo, hot sauce, lime juice, pepper, salt and chicken stock in a sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add the corn kernels and warm through,.
- Pour into a bowl and garnish with the cheese, cilantro and ground chili.
- Serve immediately with crispy tortilla chips.